Welcome to the Career Ready Program Application Portal
You can earn up to $7000.00 in wage subsidy per student in each placement period!
- From May 25th 2020 to March 31 2021 - subsidy will be 75% for all students, to a maximum of $7500.00.
- Employers will have the flexibility to postpone placement start dates to avoid rescinding placements.
- Employers can receive a pre-approval certificate for their organization
- Students will be able to work from home.
- Post-secondary institutions (universities, colleges and polytechnics) can apply as employers for the wage subsidy.
Students are an ideal source of people-power for short-term projects. Employing work term students is an effective recruiting tool, and supports the development of skills in the next generation of Canada’s workforce.
An eligible employer must be willing to employ a student in a tech-immersive role. Tech and non-tech focused organizations are encouraged to apply.
Employer Eligibility Assessment
- You are a registered Canadian business or organization
- You are not a federal or provincial government group
- You have the financial capacity to hire a student for a part of full time work term, pay them consistently and provide a meaningful work experience
Student Eligibility Assessment
- Either a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident or a protected person defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Must be registered as a full time student in a post secondary institution program
- The student must not be an international student with a work permit
- The student must not be an immediate family member of the employer
Ready to Apply?
Before you start your online application, you will need the following:
- A student to apply with
- A job description
- Salary information
- Historical information on the amount of students that have been employed by your company or department in recent years
- An approximate number of students your company might or intend to hire over the next year
Students will need the following information before starting their application:
- Proof of registration in a Canadian post-secondary institution (unofficial transcript is suffice)
- Proof of citizenship or residency (birth certificate, passport, permanent residency card, etc.)
- An updated resume
For more information contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
This project is funded by the Government of Canada’s Student Work Placement Program